Tuesday, August 21, 2007

They're baaack....

The bus stop this morning was like something out of a scary movie and if that's what it's going to be all year I'll have to seriously rethink how I get to and from work. There have always been quite a number of high school kids waiting there but this morning was an all-time high. Then, to top it all off, the bus company has started a line that runs 5 minutes after 'mine' does. It has the same number but not the same route or destination. Total confusion! People were running between busses at just about every stop. Great planning. One man switched 4 times. Seriously, do you know where you work? I think he ended up at the wrong bus in the end. Fun fact is that all summer the bus company have used their nice busses, clean, with seatbelts, not that the kids are back we're back to old, seatbelt-free busses. I wonder what parents would think about that?

Work is oh so hectic right now. Everything needs to be done for the start of the semester and we're balancing on a fine line between chaos and kind of ok. I get all sorts of questions really and it's kind of difficult to keep calm in all situations. I am a pretty patient person but sometimes it's just a tad too much. It feels like I've got my head above water although there are those who seem to want me under it. Seriously, if I wasn't ok I would say something. Stop assuming that I'm this overambitious angstcase who will fall down any second. Not the case. Just cause I like what I do doesn't mean that I'm on the verge of a nervous breakdown. The only thing I'll own up to is being bored. Cause I am. Nothing, and I repeat nothing, happens here.

I got my new dvds yesterday. I had to watch 'New York Waiting' straight away and it was a good film. Very indie-feelish but in a good way. The music was amazingly good. So, now I'll have Ice Age 1 and 2 plus Bridget Jones (#1) to look forward to for the weekend.

By the way, a man was stabbed to death just a couple of hundred metres from my building the other day. I've lived in Brussels and in Manchester and things happen her, in this tiny place. Unbelievable. Does this mean I'll have to rethink my livingarrangements?

No comments: