Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Everyday mysteries

Ok, so it's been ages since I last found enough energy to post on this blog. Explanation? Too much work. As simple as that. Not that things have changed to the better or anything but this morning I took time. New motto: take time! ; )

The busride to work is always a good place for thinking. Most of the time you think about work, what to do after work, what to eat for dinner, what's on tv etc etc but every now and then something happens that breaks the pattern and makes you think about something else. This morning was one of those times. I wish the topic of thought had been something amazing but instead I landed on 'why do grown men giggle in falsetto?' . Let's face it, it's not exactly manly manish, is it? Handsome men who look like they just walked off a Hugo Boss billboard and then they open their mouths to laugh and... *cringe* Anywho, maybe that's what makes life bareble for the rest of us? : )

The rest of my life smells like paint right now. After 1,5 years my landlord finally decided it was time to repaint my kitchen, bathroom and walk in closet (aka the storage room). Of course they made this decision at the worst possible time for me but hey, my flat will be nice for Christmas. So two days in a row the painter has been around, doing his business, and I've come home to a place smelling like a big can of paint. Nice, fresh but smelly. It really did turn out very nicely. And I got a new lightswitch in the kitchen cause the old one broke (*gasp* they only last 40-odd years?!?) and they put in lightbulbs that are energyfriendly so *clap* *clap* for landlord. Now if they could only fix it so that the windows keep the cold winds outside of the flat, that would be great. Well, I'll probably have to wait till Christmas next year for that. Can't be too picky...

No comments: