Wednesday, February 6, 2008

A change would do you good...

If you ever come to Sweden be ready to talk about the weather. If you ask a Swedish person how he or she is, there is a real chance that you will get a reference to the weather back. Something along the lines of 'I'm ok, how could I not be when the weather is great!' or 'Well, you know, the weather is really getting to me'. So we're constantly 'under the weather', come rain or shine. I try to get over the weather but it's difficult when you live in one of the rainiest places in Sweden. People from the south of Sweden complain about it being dark up north but I'd take the darkness anyday compared to this all-year-long-greyish-fog-dampness that signifies life in this part of the country. Frankly my dear, it sucks!

I took a ginormous trip down memory lane last weekend as two of my favourite tv-shows growing up came into my possession, Remington Steele and My so-called life. I wanted to marry Remington Steele when I was little and despite the angsty tone of My so-called life I wanted to be Angela (hey, who wouldn't want to make out with Jordan Catalano?). The shows turned out to be just as good now as they used to be back in the day funnily enough. Usually it's the complete opposite of that. Unfortunately the plug-in thingy to my headphones broke inside the computer sometime mid-Sunday so now I can't listen to the shows unless it's through the crappy laptop speakers. I'm glad the computer or the sound aren't broken but still, I want my headphones to work. Now there's a small headphone plug-in thingy that I don't have the tools to get out, yet. I think a trip to the great Swedish store 'Claes Ohlsson' after work is in order. : ) Or else I'll find a computersurgeon who can operate on it and get it out.

No comments: