Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Go Hillary!

Don't ask me why but I really, really don't want Obama to become the Democratic nominee for the Presidential election in the US. I like Hillary! It's not cause she's a woman (I'm nowhere near being a feminist) cause that would be lame but I really do think she would do a great job. She's got the same qualities that Madeleine Allbright had. Granted, Allbright got points in my book for agreeing to do a dream sequence in Gilmore Girls. Soooo funny! Comparing Obama to the Kennedys is just sad cause that's history and it ain't coming back. Obama just doesn't make me care about things. Go Hillary!

On a smiliar note I can now say that it's 99,9% sure that I am going to Washington DC in May for a week's conference. There are still a few quirks to work out ( like booking a flight, registering, finding a hotel etc.) but then I am off. I've never been on that side of the pond but I've been a sucker for it f-o-r-e-v-e-r so woho for me!! It doesn't make it anymore boring that I'm going during election year. Woho! I know I kind of live the illusion that Josiah Bartlet reigns the White House but that's fine with me. I've been watching reruns of The West Wing and it's actually making me feel better about work. As if working in the West Wing of the White House is even remotely comparable to working in the administrative office of a University... ; )

No comments: