Monday, March 5, 2007

Now it starts...

Tuesday and the week is well on its way. Yesterday had Monday written all over it and it was quite a start of the week. I had to get up earlier than usual in order to get my mother to the trainstation before going to work. She packed her bags on Saturday and they were heavy then but then we had a fleemarket galore on Sunday that resulted in more heaviness. Fortunately she was ok changing trains in Stockholm. My dad consisted of getting things done at my current job and going to meetings at my new job. And that's pretty much what the upcoming weeks will be all about. Balancing the two. It'll be tough but ok. It's always interesting to come to new places and observe social structures etc.

It was a good Sunday at the fleemarket, even though the cupboard I had set my eye on had been sold. I came home with silver cutlery that I loved, a small table for the TV, really nice glasses for drinking just about whatever, a really nice painting and the usual odd stuff that I tend to pick up. Of course I got a couple of antique table cloths as well. All in all a very good day. On Friday I managed to get to Plantagen which is a big market for flowers and garden/flower-related stuff. I came home with a nice set of daffodils and the miniature greenhouse I had spotted in the paper. So, now I'm all set for spring and I can actually see myself biking to the fleemarket on Sunday. A perfect combination of exercise and shopping. ; )

No comments: