Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Gilmore Girls Galore

I know it's girly and totally childish but I'm actually sad that CW-TV in the US is showing the series finale of Gilmore Girls tonight. Not season finale. Series finale! The End! Finito! Hasta la Vista Dude! It's just that from the first episode it's been the one show my mother and I have always watched, either together or in our separate locations followed by phonecalls about it. I guess Lorelai and Rory's relationship really reminds me of growing up. My mum has always been a bit different, in a crazy good way. (Totally random but I took the pop culture trivia quiz game on the gilmore site and this is my result: "Congratulations! You're a pop culture genius. If anyone can hold their own with Lorelai and Roty it's you." Whoopie! ; )

Anywhoo. Work's the same as it has been for a couple of weeks now. Weirdly vacuum-ish. The WTH-moments are becoming more and more normal and that can never be good. Still got the sense of humour though. Not sure how long it will last but a couple of more days I'd guess. We have Thursday and Friday off this week so it's looking good. Oh, and I got to borrow K and J's car while they're in China. I asked them to get me a happy Buddha, or any Buddha that didn't weigh like a ton. There's probably some sort of rule that says you shouldn't get others to buy your Buddhas for you cause it's major bad luck but as long as I don't know that I should be ok, right? There has got to be a rule of the universe regarding 'doing things thinking they were right'. Right?

Oh, and Patty Griffin really lights up my days on the music front. Or not so light-y perhaps but still very good. Not alone is beautiful!

No comments: