Thursday, June 7, 2007

The day after June 6th

This week is odd. Yesterday was June 6th, Sweden's National Day, and these days it's a national holiday which means that this week we got Wednesday off. It's actually much better than it might sound. It's great to get a break mid-week and then come back to work and have not be Monday. : ) Not at all unpleasant.

I spent yesterday sleeping in and going to the local celebration of June 6th. Not that anyone knows why it's our National Day but still. There were ceremonies welcoming 6 out of the 40 people who have gained their Swedish citizenships since last year (this being Småland they were of course Germans, Icelandic people, antother person of blond descent and only one person from the Middle East or former Yugoslavia even though they are probably the majority). Then there were fiddleplayers and a marching band and a truckload of ballons and flags. Afterwards I went to the place where I find my rubharbs and picked some flowers. Some of them are the kind that smells amazing at night so I watched Grey's Anatomy in an almost perfumelike scented room. Very nice. : )

Today's soundtrack is a band I first heard on the TV-show 'Dead like me' (very good. lots of irony and humour. only lasted two seasons). The band is called Metisse and the song they played on the show was 'Boom Boom Ba'.

No comments: